Friday, February 27, 2009

Inspiration via make up?!

To put it nicely, I really dislike school. I would rather be at the beach or traveling the world or watching TV or WORKING. Yes, working. At least I would be making money. Anyways, I decided that I needed to actually care about school this week. Last week I had the flu so I only went to school two days. My decision? To plan exactly what I was wearing all week and the coordinating make up. It seems a little controlling but it helped me be ontime for school! So I did a different make up look for each day. I did a soft brown smokey eye, a blue eye, a silvery smoky eye, and my classic, favorite look. It inspired me to actually get up and go to school looking nice instead of just wearing my sweatpants and no make up. I won't do it every week but it's a nice change. Here are the steps to get my favorite look. I use the NARS palette (45$) and Victoria's Secret eyeliner pen (12$).

1. I first prime my eyes with Urban Decay Eye Primer. It's amazing! It makes your eyeshadow stay put forever!

2. I put Ondine eyeshadow all over my lids. The palette description says that Ondine is "plum with gold shimmer" but I find it to be more light a light brown color with gols shimmer.

3. Put the copper color called Surbaya II into the creases and blend

4. Draw on the liquid eyeliner. It's in a pen form so it super easy! Draw the line out a little so it becomes a cat eye. Make the the liner thicker on the outside and thinner near the tear duct.

5. Put on mascara and swipe on a pinky lip gloss. You're good to go!

No comments: