Monday, November 23, 2009

Hydrated skin











Hydrated skin is SUCH a challenge for me. I swim 5 days a week and that leaves my skin looking like a frosted mini wheat. I hate putting lotion on after the shower because I'm usually in a hurry and don't have enough time, but if you do, then you should definitly slather on the lotion when your skin is damp. To keep my face and body from looking like I might have had an accident with a cheese grater, I use the following products:
Face- Cetaphil gentle moisturizer with spf 15. I use aquaphor on especially dry spots like the bridge of my nose.
Eyes- It may sound gross but I use A+D on my eyeslids. It's safe and really thick so I retain a lot of moisture (I only use this at night.) Another favorite is Keihls creamy eye cream with avacado. I only use it under my eyes and it feels perfect on my dry skin. I see results almost immediatly.
body- My favorite lotions are Victoria's Secret lotions. They smell amazing! When I want really deep moisture, though, I use olay Quench body lotion. It's not greasy and it's really hydrating.
Feet- I love Burts Bees coconut foot lotion! I love anything coconut and this smells delish. I put this on my feet and then slip on furry socks. For REALLY rough heals, put some vaseline on it and then fuzzy socks. They will definitly be smooth the next day.
Lips: AQUAPHOR! My holy grail for lips! I'll put aquaphor on my lips at night and wake up with perfectly smooth lips. Its the only thing that gaurentees that I can wear lipstick the next day. Another thing that I find wards of chapped lips is a combo of a waxy, chalky lip blam like carmex and top it will a really creamy and slick balm like nivea lip balm.
Hands- Neutrogena hand cream is amazing. I've blogged about it before. It has won Allure's best handcream, too. It's non-greasy, has no smell, and works instantly. I wouldn't go anywhere cold without this.

No comments: