Wednesday, March 11, 2009

For Flawless Straight Hair...







Girls, I have had my fair share of hair straighteners (SUCH and understatement). In the past four years I have burned my way through 6 hair straighteners! I started out with the cheapo ones from Conair that just made my hair frizzy and moved up from there. I have always been on the lookout for a hair straightener that makes my hair godess-like. When I straightened my hair everyday, I could never find a hair straightener that could keep up and not break my bank! Now, I have moved on to embracing my natural curls, but I wanted to give straight hair a whirl again. My sister got a GHD hair straighener for Christmas. It makes curls, kinks, and it straightens while leaving her hair shiny, smooth, and oh so soft. I decided I needed one of my own and bought a cute pink one on ebay for 80$. It's perfect! Its thin but will still work on all you chicas with thick hair, it heats up in 30 seconds or less, you can do a lot of gorgeous looks with it, and it leaves hair feeling like silk and not looking scraggly or hay-like. I am obsessed! 80 dollars isn't too bad but it is on the higher end. If you don't buy the GHD hair straightener on ebay its a whopping 300 dollars which does leave a big dent in your pocket in these recession days. There is an added bonus to these hair straighteners, though. If you travel the world, you can plug these into an outlet without an adapter, even if you're going to Japan, France, Australia, whatever! They also last forever. Next on my list, a good blowdryer. Any suggestions? Any suggestions for slightly cheaper hair straighteners that work miracles?

No comments: