Friday, March 6, 2009

When life goes downhill, play with purple!


I am in a sad, frustrated, angry, willynilly mood today. The reason? I would like to forget about it. Let's just say not all my friends are good ones. Anyways, when life gets me in a bad mood, I go for pretty make up! That makes me a lot happier. If I could go buy make up right now, I would. Unfortionately, I cannot so I looked in my make up drawer and whipped up a look that screamed fun. At least it did to me. I got my inspiration from the Gucci advertisments for Spring. Here is my step-by-step how to guide:


1. Prep eyes with Urban Decay Primer Potion

2. Draw a thick line of plum eyeliner on your top lid. I used Urban Decay 24-7 eyeliner in 1999.

3. Pat on a light purple eyeshadow, like Bare Essentials eyeshadow in bloom, over the eyeliner.

4. Add a richer purple shade in the creases. Stila eyeshadow duo Vieux Carre is really pretty.

5. Line eyes with black eyeliner.

6. Take a thin eyeliner brush and dip it into a bright silver eyeshadow. Put the silver eyeshadow in the "V" of your eye near your tear ducts and pull it a little farther so it ends where your lower lashes start.

6. For the finishing touch, I put on Diorshow mascara and used a pink covergirl lipstain topped with a berry gloss.


Now go out and show the world what a gorgeous, fun, super star you are! Who says make up can't cure the blues? They can sure cure mine.

No comments: